Case study: Deal Level Competitive Sales Action Recommender
About the Client
The client is a global technology major, with a market dominance in networking equipment. The client has multiple partners, distribution channels, and customers at diverse geographic locations all over the world.
The client was seeing an increasing threat from a global competitor that had huge spending appetite. The client conceptualized a Competitive war room set up to equip sales representatives with the right insights to beat the competition. With limited data availability and low initial impact of the war room, the client decided to approach BRIDGEi2i with an objective of augmenting sales strategy through AI and analytics.
BRIDGEi2i helped the client by developing automated contextualization of competitive intelligence to provide intelligence against specific competitors to sales reps at a deal level. To ensure good adoption among sales reps, the mode of delivery was well thought through.
- Internal CRM and sales data including win/loss history and pipeline data, along with partner performance was analyzed.
- Social media data was captured from various sources like LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube.
- Community and website data was captured from official and user-run communities, forums, and different web pages including the company blog sites.
- Marketing data across different verticals was analysed by volume, influence, and content.
- LinkedIn profiles of competitor employees across geographies and functions were analyzed.
- PR & media data was captured from official newsrooms, and various publications.
BRIDGEi2i’s Market and Competitive Intelligence consultants along with AI labs experts analysed the available data and augmented it with publicly available data sources. A deal risk score against every opportunity in SFDC highlighting risk was developed and deal level recommendations were generated. An AI sales assistant was developed, to learn from historical deal look-alike and competition data to provide cheat sheets to the sales reps on-the-go.
A combination of BRIDGEi2i’s proprietary ‘recommendation engine’ and ‘converser’ were deployed to build a customized solution that provided the sales teams with predictive battlegrounds of the future so that they could optimally allocate resources. The AI-based sales assistant helped in getting easy access for sales reps to pull competitive information when required and also provided proactive automated notifications.
With the increase in generation of win/loss information, the war room team was able to focus on the most important deals with all the required intelligence, on-the-go.
Improvement in Win Rate